How do I stop my conservatory overheating?
Solar gain (overheating) is a common problem in conservatories and can be reduced by:
- Limiting the size and area of glazing such as doors and windows.
- Shading or orientating doors and windows from direct sunlight. A south facing conservatory will get hotter than a north facing one.
- Using reflective materials on the glass and building fabric.
- Using window vents, fans and blinds which can be automatically operated via temperature sensors.
- Installing special glazing, for example solar glazing or heat reflective glass.